I guess I will start out by telling you about my life with my husband and how we met. I was working at signetics in Orem Utah. I worked in the final test area, where we tested intergrated circuits. There were mostly girls I worked with and the guys there were tecks that keep every thing running. When I first met Carl I thought he was already married. But soon found out that he wasn't. He was very cute with a charming personality about him. Knowing he was single and there were so many girls he was very popular. He was told by his boss to stay away from the girls because they would get you into trouble one way or another. Carl didn't listen very good. and would tease me from time to time and I like him alot. He finally got around to asking me out and that made me happy to say the least. Our first date was to a movie (a drive-in no less) it was called Ice station zebra. I had more fun watching his hand as he was trying to figure out how to hold mine, I finally took a hold of his and we enjoyed the movie together. We dated for a couple of years and broke up a couple of times. He did get me to move out of my parents home to experiance life in an apartment with other girls, they were all going to BYU at the time and I was the only one working and the only one with a car. A little red maverick I had bought my self. We lived in the King Henery apt. I lived on the girls side of the quad and he lived on the men side of the quad and we would see each other every day. We finally got engaged in April 16 1971 but i didn't get my ring until the 17. We were married on the 16 day of June 1971, in the Salt Lake Temple at 10:22 in the morning, what a great day it was. My parents couldn't. see us marreid and neither could Carl's parents so they waited for us outside the Temple doors for us. It was very hard not to have my parents there or carl parents there but they understood how much being married in the Temple ment to us and the family were goin to have.
2 comments:
That is nice to hear the story of my parents. Thanks! Good job Mom you are on your way to blogging alot...lol!
Good to have you on the blogging crew! Tho I don't blog myself I enjoy reading other peoples blogs.
Post a Comment